Regional Technical Sales Manager USA
Pay: Excellent basic and OTE
Location: USA (different locations possible)
We are currently looking for a passionate, self-motivated applicant with a solid technical engineering background who is enthusiastic about taking a lead role in identifying and developing marketing and sales opportunities in the US and Canada for our software solutions. As well as sales support, you will provide pre-sales technical support and give on-site technical training to clients. Depending on your technical background and expertise, you will receive an initial 3-6 months of technical training at Simpleware Headquarters in the UK before relocating back to the US.
This will require you to work very closely with the R&D departments of a range of blue chip corporate companies, research institutions and universities. Simpleware has clients in industries that range from Medical Device, to Oil & Gas to Automotive to Aerospace. Some knowledge and prior experience working in these environments would be an advantage.
Primarily, this role will involve:
- Expansion and retention of customer base
- Establishing new, and maintaining existing, long-term relationships with customers
- Actively seeking new sales opportunities
- Providing pre-sales technical support
- Organising and delivering on-site technical training
- Attending conferences and trade shows
- Travelling to visit potential clients and demonstrate our software products
Knowledge, experience, skills, and competencies:
- MS/PhD level in Engineering related subject – 2-3yrs sales/work experience preferred
- Experience with using Finite Element (e.g. Abaqus, Ansys, Comsol, I-DEAS, MSC.Nastran, etc.), Computational Fluid Dynamics (e.g. Fluent, OpenFoam etc.) or image processing and segmentation codes (e.g. Simpleware, Mimics, Avizo/Amira etc.) would be a distinct advantage
- Experience in one or more of the following fields or industries - materials research, non-destructive evaluation, biomedical engineering, automotive, aerospace, oil and gas or medical devices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High enthusiasm and drive, and ability to work on own initiative whilst being a team player
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- US Citizenship
The position is based in the US, and will involve considerable travel within the US and Canada. Location within the US is very flexible. An attractive salary package is available for the right candidate.Application:
If you would like to join our innovative company, please send a CV and covering letter quoting the appropriate reference number to firstname.lastname@example.org,
or by post to Human Resources, Simpleware Ltd, Bradninch Hall, Castle Street, Exeter, EX4 3PL, UK.