Simpleware for Non-Destructive Evaluation and Reverse Engineering
Industrial 3D Image Data Visualisation, Analysis and Model Generation Software
Simpleware provides advanced image processing software solutions for reconstructing and inspecting the internal features of manufactured components. Import and process data from CT, micro-CT, nano-CT, FIB-SEM and other modalities to visualise and reverse engineer components, and evaluate the effects of pores and cracks.
Multi-part meshes can be generated within the software for further analysis in Finite Element (FE) and Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) solvers, while parts can be reverse engineered and STL files generated for 3D printing. Very robust surface meshes and NURBS can also be exported for CAD, while options are available to calculate effective material properties from scanned samples.
Visualise and Inspect Image Data
Simpleware software includes a range of tools and filters for processing industrial image data.
- Render 2D image stacks in 3D directly after import
- Segment images using semi-automated and manual tools
- Generate animations from your image data
Measure and Analyse your Data
Quantify industrial parts using intuitive measurement tools and a range of standard and user-defined statistics:
- Measure pore and fracture dimensions, cracks...
- Quantify pore and delamination volumes, surface areas and total component porosity
Volume Mesh Generation
Proprietary meshing algorithms can be used to generate computational models with conforming interfaces for the non destructive testing of materials, enabling analysis of defects, part durability, product performance and fluid-structure analysis in FE and CFD solvers.
- Assign material properties
- Define FE contact pairs, node sets, shells
- Define CFD boundary conditions
- Choice of meshing algorithms
- Export NURBS for CAD and STL files for 3D printing
- Reverse engineer legacy parts to better understand their functions
Calculate Effective Material Properties
The fully integrated Simpleware Physics Modules enable calculation of effective material properties of scanned industrial samples, including elastostatic properties (+SOLID), absolute permeability (+FLOW) and electrical conductivity/thermal conductivity, and molecular diffusivty (+LAPLACE).
- Use full FE-based simulations with built-in solver or quick calculation of analytical bounds (+SOLID, +LAPLACE)
- Reduce effects of boundary conditions
- Visualise fields obtained from FE simulations
- Export results as text and image files
Use Scripting to Automate Workflows
The software's functionality can be accessed using an integrated scripting interface, and through languages such as Python, Iron Python, C#, Java, Visual Basic and Boo. Macro recording and a log history converter can also be used to automate steps, while user-created plug-ins can be incorporated within the software to improve efficiency when processing image data.
From industrial CT
Ultrasonic array response
Multiscale tomography fluid flow
Mechanical stress simulation
Permeability of titanium foams
EM simulation using JMAG®
Mesh for simulation