Simpleware for Physiological Flows
Medical Image Processing Software for Cardiovascular Analysis
Simpleware software provides image processing software solutions for reconstructing cardiovascular and airway geometries from 3D image data (MRI, CT, micro-CT...). Visualise and measure image data of complex biological systems, and export robust computational models suitable for Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) analyses of air and fluid flow within anatomies.
Visualise and Process Image Data
3D medical data can be easily reconstructed using Simpleware software, with vessel and airway geometries visualised and segmented.
- Visualise and explore data in 2D and 3D
- Use medical orientation overlays
- Obtain regions of interest using semi-automated tools
- Create animations
Measure and Compute Statistics
Use a range of measurement tools and statistics to obtain detailed quantitative information from your medical image data.
- Measure airways and vessels, place landmark points
- Obtain centrelines
- Compute range of statistics (volume, surface area, material properties, average greyscale...)
Integrate CAD and Image Data
It is possible to combine cardiovascular and airway geometries with CAD-designed medical devices such as stents, allowing users to:
- Position CAD-designed medical devices within image data for inspection and measurement
- Export multi-part STL files for 3D printing, or volume meshes for further analysis in CFD solvers
- Avoid working with image-based data in CAD programs and streamline mesh generation when exploring surgical variability
Export Robust CFD Meshes
With Simpleware software, you can convert segmented medical data into robust, simulation-ready multi-part models for CFD, with options to:
- Generate meshes with conforming interfaces and shared nodes, removing the need for further processing in other software
- Define boundary conditions for models, mesh boundary layers and add custom inlets and outlets for simulating air and fluid flow
- Export additional STL files for 3D printing
- Remove the need for remeshing in CFD solver
Use Scripting to Automate Workflows
The software's functionality can be accessed using an integrated scripting interface, and through languages such as Python, Iron Python, C#, Java, Visual Basic and Boo. Macro recording and a log history converter can also be used to automate steps, while user-created plug-ins can be incorporated within the software to improve efficiency when processing image data.
Simulating risk of rupture
Modeling of abdominal aortic aneurysms treatments
Blood flow in the Circle of Willis
Mass and fluid transport simulation in Star-CCM+
Fluid flow analysis using Fluent®
How are sharks able to smell?